Welcome to the “Big Apple!” Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Day 2 New York City
On today’s sightseeing tour, see New York City’s major attractions, including Broadway, the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, City Hall, Wall Street, and Trinity Church. Your afternoon is free.
Day 3 New York City – Philadelphia – Washington DC Area
Head south through New Jersey to Philadelphia, the birthplace of the United States. During your free time, perhaps see Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell. On to Washington DC.
Day 4 Washington DC Area
See the graves of American heroes, including those of John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert, in beautiful Arlington National Cemetery. The nation’s capital is a sightseeing treasure trove, and your half-day tour with a Local Guide features Capitol Hill, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery, National WWII Memorial, and other well-known sights. Stop for photos at the White House and Capitol Hill. As the remainder of the day is free, why not visit the Smithsonian museums?
Day 5 Washington DC – Niagara Falls
A scenic day as you head north through Pennsylvania Dutch Country, home of the Amish and Mennonite religious sects. Then, along the Susquehanna River to Williamsport, the birthplace of Little League baseball and site of the league’s annual “World Series.” Later, cross the Rainbow Bridge to Canada and arrive at Niagara Falls, Ontario, for your overnight stay.
Day 6 Niagara Falls – Dearborn
This morning, board your Niagara Falls SIGHTSEEING CRUISE for amazing close-up views from the base of the falls. Then, travel the Niagara Parkway, admiring the sweeping landscapes of this scenic countryside. Head southwest and cross the farmlands and vineyards of Ontario. NOTE: Operation of the Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise is subject to favourable weather and/or river conditions. If unfavourable conditions exist, a walking tour of the scenic tunnels will be substituted.
Day 7 Dearborn – Chicago
Begin the day with a visit to the HENRY FORD MUSEUM. Reach Chicago, America’s thirdlargest city, in the late afternoon. City sightseeing includes all the major landmarks of the “Windy City.”
Day 8 Chicago
Today is free for independent activities. Perhaps take an optional cruise on Lake Michigan and through the locks of the Chicago River. As the evening is free, join the optional outing for a delicious dinner at a Chicago restaurant, followed by spectacular views of the city from atop 360 Chicago, formally the John Hancock Observatory.
Day 9 Chicago – Madison – Minneapolis
First stop today is Madison. A vibrant city, situated between two sparkling lakes. A photo stop at the capitol before making our way to Minnesota-the “Land of 10,000 Lakes.” Enjoy an orientation tour of the bustling downtown area of Minneapolis before reaching your overnight hotel.
Day 10 Minneapolis Excursion To The Mall Of America
Today is about the MALL OF AMERICA, the largest shopping mall in the United States, featuring an extensive range of retail, restaurants, and entertainment.
Day 11 Minneapolis – Mitchell – Pierre
Into the rich farmlands of South Dakota, homeland of the great Sioux Indian Nation. Stop in Mitchell to see the CORN PALACE, a remarkable Moorish-style building where the interior and exterior are covered with designs of corn outlined with grasses and grain. Stay overnight in Pierre, the state’s capital.
Day 12 Pierre – Badlands National Park – Mount Rushmore – Keystone
First, a drive through Fort Pierre National Grassland to see the prairie as it once was when only buffalo and the Sioux Indians occupied the land. Next is BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK, where 37 million years of wind and water have carved a remarkably colourful sight. Then, head into the Black Hills and behold the granite faces of MOUNT RUSHMORE, a giant monument to four American presidents- Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt. (CB)
Day 13 Keystone – Cody
Head through the rich, mountainous country past Buffalo, where open-range cattle kings made war on the sheep ranchers of the 1880s. Drive past Sheridan, the scene of many fierce battles between the U. S. Cavalry and the Sioux, Cheyenne, and Crow Indians. Then, climb over the Bighorn Mountains en route to the overnight stop in Buffalo Bill’s frontier town of Cody.
Day 14 Cody – Yellowstone National Park – West Yellowstone
Through Shoshone National Forest to splendid YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK. Follow Grand Loop Road to Artist Point with magnificent views of Yellowstone Canyon and the stupendous Lower Falls, nearly twice the height of Niagara. Yellowstone’s abundant and diverse wildlife are as famous as its geysers. It’s home to hundreds of animal species, including bears, wolves, bison, elk and antelope. As a visitor to the world’s first national park you may be lucky enough to encounter some of these amazing creatures in their natural habitat. Overnight in West Yellowstone, gateway to the geysers of Yellowstone National Park.
Day 15 West Yellowstone Day Excursion To Yellowstone National Park
This morning, return to Yellowstone National Park and visit the bubbling mud paint pots, the reliable “blow” of Old Faithful, Yellowstone’s great geyser, and West Thumb geyser basin. Return to West Yellowstone and explore on your own. (CB)
Day 16 West Yellowstone – Jackson
Travel south into the Wild West town of Jackson with its wooden sidewalks and swing-door saloons. The afternoon and evening are free to explore the shops and museums of historic downtown. (CB)
Day 17 Jackson – Salt Lake City
Today, drive to Salt Lake City, Utah’s vibrant capital. Set on the edge of Great Salt Lake Desert, this centre of the Mormon religion is where Brigham Young declared to his followers, “This is the place.” An included sightseeing tour shows you the capital of Utah, including Temple Square, the tabernacle, and the Beehive House.
Day 18 Salt Lake City – Bryce Canyon National Park – Cedar City
Through the sagebrush landscape of southern Utah to BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK with its breathtaking sandstone and limestone cliffs and ever-changing colours. Head west through Dixie National Forest to Cedar City for your overnight. (B)
Day 19 Cedar City – Zion National Park – Grand Canyon National Park
First stop is ZION NATIONAL PARK, a landscape that was carved out by rushing streams over a period of a million years. Through Kaibab National Forest to the less visited North Rim of GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, where you’ll marvel at the stunning views of the flame-coloured walls plunging 8,297 feet (2529 metres) into the Colorado River. The evening is free. (CB)
Day 20 Grand Canyon National Park – Las Vegas
Head to the unique phenomenon of Las Vegas, where today’s fortune hunters try their luck at the 24-hour gambling tables of the “Strip.” An orientation tour upon arrival shows off many of the themed casino resorts along the colourful “Strip.” The afternoon is at leisure so you can explore the casinos.
Day 21 Las Vegas
A free day to explore Las Vegas. Your Tour Director can arrange an optional excursion to the Hoover Dam, and will have suggestions for the best shows to see this evening.
Day 22 Las Vegas – Los Angeles
Through the Mojave Desert and over the San Gabriel Mountains to Los Angeles.
Day 23 Los Angeles
Start the day with a sightseeing tour of Tinseltown. You’ll drive to Hollywood, including the footprints of the glamourous stars at the TCL Chinese Theatre, and famous Hollywood Bowl. Then, on to elegant Beverly Hills followed by a drive down the Sunset Strip.
Day 24 Los Angeles
Your holiday ends this morning.
- NEW YORK CITY: Sightseeing with Local Guide.
- WASHINGTON DC: Sightseeing with Local Guide.
- NIAGARA FALLS: Sightseeing cruise.
- DEARBORN: Visit the Henry Ford Museum.
- CHICAGO: Sightseeing.
- MINNEAPOLIS: Orientation tour, Mall of America.
- MITCHELL: Visit the Corn Palace.
- BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK: Scenic drive.
- MOUNT RUSHMORE: Visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK: Sightseeing.
- SALT LAKE CITY: Sightseeing.
- BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK: Sightseeing.
- ZION NATIONAL PARK: Sightseeing.
- GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK: Overnight inside the park; sightseeing.
- LAS VEGAS: Orientation tour of the famous Las Vegas “Strip”
- LOS ANGELES: Sightseeing.
- TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe, air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
- HOTELS: Includes rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner indicated by breakfast (B), lunch (L), and dinner (D) on the itinerary.
- INSIDE VISITS and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR DIRECTOR
- 5 Breakfasts
- Hotel Classifications: Moderate Deluxe (MD), First Class (F), Moderate First Class (MF), Superior First Class (SF), Tourist Class (T), Superior Tourist Class (ST), National Park Lodge (NP)
- New York City Skyline Hotel (MF), Washington DC Area Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria (F), Niagara Falls Best Western Plus Cairn Croft (F), Dearborn Best Western Greenfield Inn (F), Chicago Inn of Chicago (MF), Minneapolis Best Western Plus Normandy Inn (MF), Pierre Days Inn Pierre (ST), Keystone Ramada Mt. Rushmore (T), Cody Buffalo Bill Village (ST), West Yellowstone National Park Brandin’ Iron Inn (T), Jackson Mountain Modern Hotel (ST), Salt Lake City Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites (MF), Cedar City Best Western Plus Town & Country Inn (F), Grand Canyon National Park Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge (NP), Las Vegas Sls Las Vegas Hotel and Casino (MD), Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore Hotel (SF)
- Accommodation, itinerary and inclusions subject to change.
- Prices are for land/cruise only. International flights not included.