Beijing, Wuxi, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Nagoya, Mt. Fuji, Tokyo, Taipei, Sun Moon Lake, Kaohsiung, Kenting, Taitung, Hualien, Taroko
- In China
- Walk on the incredible Great Wall of China near Beijing
- Race across China on a bullet train from Beijing to Wuxi
- Uncover the mysteries of the Forbidden City
- Sit by tranquil West Lake in Hangzhou, much admired by Marco Polo
- Stroll in one of the finest Chinese classical gardens, in Suzhou
- Immerse yourself in the bustling metropolis Shanghai
- In Japan
- Discover Osaka, with a day free at leisure and a selection of optional activities
- In Nara, visit the Great Eastern Temple – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer at Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle, and Osu Shopping Street’s 1200 shops and restaurants
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Enjoy optional activities or free time in Tokyo
- In Taiwan
- Visit Taipei 101, the world’s sixth tallest building
- Stroll through the famous bustling Night Markets of Taiwan
- Cruise across Sun Moon Lake and experience its tranquil beauty
- Explore the largest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan, Fo Guang Shan Monastery
- Immerse yourself in the natural splendour of Taroko National Park
China: Savour the beauty of China’s ancient history, rich culture, delicate cuisine, thriving industries, and modern architecture. Walk along the Great Wall and unfold the mystery of the Forbidden City in China’s capital Beijing, discover the exquisite southeastern cities Wuxi, Suzhou, and Hangzhou – long known for their natural beauty, and immerse yourself in dynamic, cosmopolitan Shanghai.
Japan: Starting your tour of Japan in Osaka, you’ll visit Kyoto and Nara – famous for their well-preserved ancient castles, temples, and monuments. In Nagoya, visit Inuyama Castle, and explore the 1200 shops and restaurants of Osu Shopping Street. Japan’s stunning natural endowments are on the itinerary too, in the form of sacred Mount Fuji and the surrounding region. Your trip wraps up with time free in Tokyo, for sightseeing, shopping, or your choice of a diverse range of optional activities.
Taiwan: A country of stunning beauty and jaw-dropping natural landscapes, and one of the most diverse destinations in Asia, Taiwan attracts travellers from all over the world, showcasing a thriving folk culture, museums bursting with treasures – including the best of imperial China, its bustling night markets – famous for their delicious xiaochi (snacks, or literally ‘small eats’), and the latest in high-tech gadgets.
Seasonal Variations – Japan:
From June to August, it is the best time to view fresh spring greens and enjoy the warm climate.
The end of Oct through early Nov is the best time to see crimson leaves in Autumn.
Late March to early April is historically the best time to view cherry blossoms, but we can’t guarantee that they will flower on these dates as they are highly seasonal and subject to climatic conditions.
Optional Program: Peking Duck Dinner – Tonight, head out for a Beijing speciality which is one of the most famous Chinese dishes, Peking Duck.
Optional Program: The Golden Mask Dynasty – This phenomenal show incorporates dancing, acrobatics, magnificent costumes and lot of surprises. Seen by an estimated 1.1 million people, it is one of Beijing’s must-see shows.
Optional Program: Chinese Kung-Fu Show – This show is an energetic mix of traditional Chinese martial arts, dance and high-flying acrobatics set in a modern theatre. Combined with an excellent storyline, exceptional stage design and professional actors this show is not to be missed for Chinese Kung-Fu enthusiasts or those seeking a thrilling performance.
Optional Program: Western Buffet Dinner – Enjoy a sumptuous western style buffet dinner with at your hotel, a relaxing way to wind down the day.
Optional Program: Chinese Acrobatic Show – Tonight you can watch a stunning Chinese acrobatic show combining Chinese performing arts and modern technology, comparable to the tradition of the Broadway Musical. Note: This program cannot be combined with Shanghai Disneyland Package.
Optional Program: Shanghai Disneyland Package – Newly opened in June 2016. Shanghai Disneyland showcases a never-before-seen world of wonder where you can ignite the magical dream within your heart and experience fun, adventure and thrills for guests of all ages! Includes standard Shanghai Disneyland admission and one transfer in each direction. Note: Departure transfer is at a set time. If you prefer to stay behind at the resort, you must make your own way back to the hotel. This package cannot be combined with any other optional programs on this day.
|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $300pp
** = Cherry Blossom Season Surcharge: $500pp
- Airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier (eg. China Southern/Eastern Airlines, Air China, China Airlines)
- Shanghai to Osaka internal flight (low cost carrier, baggage max. weight 15kg)
- 22 nights 3-4 star hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast and 5 dinners
- High-speed bullet train
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Air conditioned coach transportation
- All sightseeing and entrance fees (except optionals)
- English speaking tour guides
- Tipping: $240pp
- China visa
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses