Xi’an, Beijing, Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Shanghai
- Marvel at the 2200 year old Terracotta Army of China’s first emperor, in the ancient capital, Xi’an
- Walk on the incredible Great Wall near Beijing
- Sit by tranquil West Lake in Hangzhou, beloved by Marco Polo
- Stroll in one of the finest Chinese classical gardens in Suzhou
- Immerse yourself in the bustling metropolis Shanghai
- Enjoy a wide range of optional shows, activities, and special meals
This package offers an amazing opportunity to discover China’s ancient history, rich culture, delicate cuisine, thriving industries, and modern architecture.
Discover the incomparable mausoleum of China’s first emperor, populated with an army of terracotta soldiers and their armoured horses. Walk along the Great Wall, and unfold the mystery of the Forbidden City in China’s capital Beijing. Discover the exquisite cities Wuxi, Suzhou, and Hangzhou – known for their lakes, canals, and classical gardens. Finally, immerse yourself in the glamour of cosmopolitan Shanghai.
A wide range of optional activities, such as shows, cruises, and special meals, are available for you to tailor your holiday to your preferences.
- Peking Duck Lunch ($50): Dine on Peking Duck.
- Forbidden City Tour ($85): Explore the ancient and imposing heart of China’s imperial past.
- Authentic Old Beijing Tour, with Temple of Heaven, Hutong Tour, and Dinner ($115): The Temple of Heaven is recognised as a world heritage site by UNESCO. It is an architectural masterpiece, and was built between 1406 and 1460 AD. The temple was used by China’s emperors for ceremonies honouring the god of harvests. Then, take a rickshaw tour of Beijing’s ancient Hutong neighbourhoods, and visit a local family. This package also includes a traditional Beijing Noodle dish – zhajiangmian (fried bean sauce noodles) meal at a local restaurant. A speciality of Beijing, zhajiangmian is cooked by mixing noodles with vegetables and fried soybean sauce.
- The Golden Mask Dynasty ($75): Be amazed by the colour, music, and action of this large-scale stage production (evening).
- Grand Canal Cruise ($45): Cruise on China’s Grand Canal, at 1,776km long and reaching all the way to Beijing, this massive engineering feat was unparalleled in the ancient world.
- West Lake Cruise ($55): An optional cruise on the serene West Lake.
- Show: Enduring Memories of Hangzhou ($95): See the story of West Lake come alive before your eyes (season runs Feb-Oct)
- SPIRAL Acrobatic Show ($85): A thrilling Chinese acrobatic show, featuring dance, drama, music, and multimedia effects.
- Half-day City Tour ($85): Tour the Jin Mao Tower and see the city from the 88-floor observation deck, then visit the famed Xintiandi district.
- Huangpu River cruise ($75): Take in dazzling Shanghai from the Huangpu River, with the colonial-era Bund on one side and the futuristic skyscrapers of Lujiazui financial district on the other.
Guaranteed Departure Dates
|2019||Price Per Person Twin Share||Single Supplement|
Valued at $1,999
|29 Feb~||30 May||29 Aug|
|07 Mar~||06 Jun||05 Sep|
|14 Mar~||13 Jun||12 Sep|
|21 Mar~||20 Jun*||19 Sep**|
|28 Mar*||27 Jun**|
|04 Apr*||04 Jul*||10 Oct|
|11 Apr||18 Jul||17 Oct|
|18 Apr||25 Jul||24 Oct|
|02 May||01 Aug||31 Oct|
|09 May||08 Aug||07 Nov|
|16 May||15 Aug|
|23 May||22 Aug|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge $300
** = School Holiday Surcharge $400
~ = Yangtze River Cruise extension is not available
- Airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier (eg. China Eastern/Southern Airlines, Air China, China/Hainan/Sichuan/Xiamen Airlines or similar alternative)
- 10 nights 3-4 star hotel accommodation
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches & 1 dinner
- Xi’an to Beijing internal flight
- Beijing to Shanghai internal flight or High-speed train from Beijing to Suzhou
- Round trip airport & hotel transfers
- Air conditioned coach transportation.
Baggage limit: 1 piece 20kg per person
- All sightseeing and entrance fees (except optionals)
- English-speaking tour guide(s)
- China visa (required)
- Personal expenses
- Prepaid tipping of $110 per person
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Anything not mentioned, or ‘optional’, or ‘own account’ in the itinerary