Beijing, Suzhou, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Yichang, Yangtze River Cruise, Chongqing
NOW AVAILABLE – VIP package aboard Yangtze Gold Cruise ships. See below for details.
- Relax aboard a cruise along the magnificent Yangtze River
- Walk on the incredible Great Wall
- Uncover the mystery of the Forbidden City
- Sit by the tranquil West Lake in Hangzhou
- Stroll in one of the finest Chinese gardens in Suzhou
- Immerse yourself in the bustling metropolis of Shanghai
This tour is designed to give you a sample of China’s ancient history, rich culture, delicate cuisine, thriving industries, and modern architecture. Walk along the Great Wall and unfold the mystery of the Forbidden City in China’s capital Beijing, discover the exquisite cities of Suzhou and Hangzhou both on par with heaven for their natural beauty according to a Chinese saying, and immerse yourself in the dynamic cosmopolitan city Shanghai.
Afterwards relax as you cruise along the majestic Yangtze River on board a five-star vessel – Yangtze Gold Cruise or similar and discover the dramatic gorges, mountain villages and breathtaking scenery.
A Yangtze River cruise is the thrill of a lifetime. You will enjoy the stunning picturesque scenery and amazing natural beauty of the famed Three Gorges: Qutang, Wu, and Xiling, while exploring the historic relics and ancient cultural sites along the mighty river.
Enjoy shore excursions to explore the fascinating history and tranquil landscapes including the spectacle of Fengdu Ghost City, a peculiar site that contains statues of demons and ghosts that roam the after-world; the fun of drifting through Shennong Stream, which offers clear running waters, picturesque rock formations, and monkeys and goats along its banks; and the wonder of the Three Gorges Dam, the world’s largest.
A Yangtze River cruise is a visual delight, full of pleasant surprises and many treasures waiting to be discovered. The images will stay with you long after you have returned home.
Please note: Some flights may depart the night before.
|19:00-20:00||Board the ship at Yichang Dock|
|08:00||Briefing on the cruise|
|08:00-09:00||Passing the Xiling Gorge (East Part)|
|09:00-11:00||Shore excursion: Three Gorges Dam Site|
|11:00-13:00||Shore excursion: Visit Ba and Tujia ethnic minorities of the Three Gorges. Experience a charming reenactment of traditional life ways in a peaceful hillside village setting (optional)|
|13:30-15:30||Passing the Three Gorges Dam|
|16:00||Sail through 5-stage shiplock|
|18:00||Captain’s Welcome Dinner|
|08:00-12:00||Shore excursion: Shennong Stream|
|13:30-17:00||Sail through Wu Gorge and Qutang Gorge|
|17:30||Shore excursion: White Emperor City (optional, river conditions permitting)|
|08:30-10:30||Shore excursion: Shibaozhai Pagoda|
|10:30-12:30||Shore excursion: Fengdu Ghost City (optional)|
|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|29 Feb*~||23 May||22 Aug|
|07 Mar~||30 May||29 Aug|
|14 Mar~||06 Jun||05 Sep|
|21 Mar~||13 Jun||12 Sep|
|28 Mar||20 Jun*||19 Sep**|
|04 Apr*||27 Jun**||10 Oct|
|18 Apr*||04 Jul**||17 Oct|
|25 Apr||25 Jul||24 Oct|
|02 May||01 Aug||31 Oct|
|09 May||08 Aug||07 Nov|
|16 May||15 Aug||14 Nov|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $300
** = School Holidays Surcharge: $400
- Airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier (eg. China Southern/Eastern Airlines, Air China, China/Hainan/Sichuan/Xiamen Airlines)
- 9 nights 4 to 5-star (local rating) hotel accommodation
- 4 nights standard cabin with private balcony twin share on Yangtze River Cruise
- 3 shore excursions aboard Yangtze River Cruise (subject to change and favourable local conditions)
- Daily meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Internal flight(s) (operated by a local carrier) and bullet train
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Coach transportation
- Admissions to scenic attractions
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- Prepaid tipping: $150
- China visa
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses & anything optional