- In Japan
- Discover Osaka, with a day free at leisure and a selection of optional activities
- In Nara, visit the Great Eastern Temple – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer that wander freely through Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle, and explore the ancient Atsuta Shinto Shrine
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Enjoy optional activities or free time in Tokyo
- In Taiwan
- Visit Taipei 101, the world’s sixth tallest building
- Stroll through the famous bustling Night Markets of Taiwan
- Cruise across Sun Moon Lake and experience its tranquil beauty
- Explore the largest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan, Fo Guang Shan Monastery
- Immerse yourself in the natural splendour of Taroko National Park
Japan: Starting your tour of Japan in Osaka, you’ll visit Kyoto and Nara – famous for their well-preserved ancient castles, temples, and monuments. In Nagoya, visit Inuyama Castle, and explore the 1200 shops and restaurants of Osu Shopping Street. Japan’s stunning natural endowments are on the itinerary too, in the form of sacred Mount Fuji and the surrounding region. Your trip wraps up with time free in Tokyo, for sightseeing, shopping, or your choice of a diverse range of optional activities.
Taiwan: A country of stunning beauty and jaw-dropping natural landscapes, and one of the most diverse destinations in Asia, Taiwan has increasingly been attracting travellers from all over the world, showcasing not only its spectacular scenic landscapes, but also a thriving folk culture, museums bursting with treasures – including the best of imperial China, its bustling night markets – famous for their delicious xiaochi (snacks, or literally ‘small eats’), and the latest in high-tech gadgets. You’ll also have the opportunity to try a variety of local dishes in the evenings, along the way!
Seasonal Variations – Japan:
From June to August, it is the best time to view fresh spring greens and enjoy the warm climate.
The end of Oct through early Nov is the best time to see crimson leaves in Autumn.
Late March to early April is historically the best time to view cherry blossoms, but we can’t guarantee that they will flower on these dates as they are highly seasonal and subject to climatic conditions.
|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $300
** = Cherry Blossom Season Surcharge: $500
- Economy airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese (eg. China Eastern/Southern, Air China, China Airlines) or other Asian carrier (e.g. Vietnam/Thai/Malaysia Air)
- 13 nights 3-4 star hotel accommodation
- Meals as indicated
- Coach transportation & transfers
- Admissions to scenic attractions
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- Tipping prepaid in Australia: $160
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses