China: Beijing, Wuxi, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shanghai
South Korea: Seoul, Andong, Daegu, Gyeongju, Busan
Japan: Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Nagoya, Mt. Fuji, Tokyo
- In China
- Walk on the incredible Great Wall of China, near Beijing
- Race across China on a bullet train from Beijing to Wuxi
- Walk through Tiananmen Square, where key events in Chinese history have taken place
- Sit by tranquil West Lake in Hangzhou, much admired by Marco Polo
- Stroll in one of the finest Chinese classical gardens, in Suzhou
- Immerse yourself in the bustling metropolis Shanghai
- In South Korea
- Stroll through Changdeokgung Palace grounds
- Gaze into North Korean territory at the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ)
- Immerse yourself in the bustling crowds of shopping district Myeongdong
- Explore the ancient capital of the Silla Kingdom, Gyeongju
- Experience the serenity of an ancient Buddhist cave temple, Seokguram Grotto
- Encounter South Korea’s picturesque southern port city, Busan
- In Japan
- Discover Osaka, with a day free at leisure and a selection of optional activities
- In Nara, visit the Great Eastern Temple – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer thath wander freely through Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle, and the ancient Atsuta Shinto Shrine
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Enjoy optional activities or free time in Tokyo
China: Savour the beauty of China’s ancient history, rich culture, delicate cuisine, thriving industries, and modern architecture. Walk along the Great Wall and unfold the mystery of the Forbidden City in China’s capital Beijing, discover the exquisite southeastern cities Wuxi, Suzhou, and Hangzhou – long known for their natural beauty, and immerse yourself in dynamic, cosmopolitan Shanghai.
South Korea: Asia’s third-largest economy, South Korea is a high-tech, trend-setting nation with a reverent, old soul. With tranquil national parks boasting picturesque landscapes, a rich cultural history, delicious local cuisine, a bounty of the latest technological advances, fashions and more, a visit to ‘the Land of Morning Calm’ should be on every traveller’s list. Friendly people, delicious food, and delightful contrasts between the modern and the traditional ensure that the indomitable spirit of South Korea will enchant and inspire travellers from all walks.
Japan: Starting your tour of Japan in Osaka, you’ll visit Kyoto and Nara – famous for their well-preserved ancient castles, temples, and monuments. In Nagoya, visit Inuyama Castle, and explore the 1200 shops and restaurants of Osu Shopping Street. Japan’s stunning natural endowments are on the itinerary too, in the form of sacred Mount Fuji and the surrounding region. Your trip wraps up with time free in Tokyo, for sightseeing, shopping, or your choice of a diverse range of optional activities.
Seasonal Variations – Japan:
From June to August, it is the best time to view fresh spring greens and enjoy the warm climate.
The end of Oct through early Nov is the best time to see crimson leaves in Autumn.
Late March to early April is historically the best time to view cherry blossoms, but we can’t guarantee that they will flower on these dates as they are highly seasonal and subject to climatic conditions.
Pace: Moderate – please be prepared for intervals of brisk walking and full days.
Please note: Some flights may depart the night before.
Optional Program: Peking Duck Dinner – Tonight, head out for a Beijing speciality which is one of the most famous Chinese dishes, Peking Duck.
Optional Program: The Golden Mask Dynasty – This phenomenal show incorporates dancing, acrobatics, magnificent costumes and lot of surprises. Seen by an estimated 1.1 million people, it is one of Beijing’s must-see shows.
Optional Program: Chinese Kung Fu Show – This show is an energetic mix of traditional Chinese martial arts, dance and high-flying acrobatics set in a modern theatre. Combined with an excellent storyline, exceptional stage design and professional actors this show is not to be missed for kung-fu enthusiasts or those seeking a thrilling performance.
Optional Program: Western Buffet Dinner – Enjoy a sumptuous western style buffet dinner with at your hotel, a relaxing way to wind down the day.
Optional Program: Chinese Acrobatic Show – Tonight you can watch a stunning Chinese acrobatic show combining Chinese performing arts and modern technology, comparable to the tradition of the Broadway Musical. Note: This program cannot be combined with Shanghai Disneyland Package.
Optional Program B: Shanghai Disneyland Package. Newly opened in June 2016, Shanghai Disneyland showcases a never-before-seen world of wonder where you can ignite the magical dream within your heart and experience fun, adventure and thrills for guests of all ages! Includes standard Shanghai Disneyland admission and one transfer in each direction. Note: Departure transfer is at a set time. If you prefer to stay behind at the resort, you must make your own way back to the hotel. This package cannot be combined with other optional programs on this day.
|2019||Twin Share PP||Single Supplement|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $300pp
** = Cherry Blossom Season Surcharge: $500pp
- Airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier
- Eg. China Southern/Eastern Airlines, Air China, China/Hainan/Sichuan/Xiamen Airlines (subject to availability)
- 21 nights 3-4 star (local rating) hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- High-speed bullet train in China
- Round trip airport & hotel transfers
- Air conditioned coach transportation
- Baggage limit: 1 piece 20kg per person
- All sightseeing & entrance fees
- English-speaking tour guide(s)
- Prepaid tipping: $210pp
- China visa (required)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses & anything optional