$3,499.00 down to
Madrid, Caceres, Evora, Lisbon, Fatima, Porto, Bom Jesus Sanctuary, Cambados, Santiago de Compostela, Lugo, O Cebreiro & Leon
- Gaze upon 5000 skeletons in the Chapel of Bones in Evora
- Relax and explore with two nights in Lisbon, including a half-day guided city tour
- Take a city tour of Madrid, and visit the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring
- Take a ride on the world’s oldest cable car to go up to the Santuário do Bom Jesus
The Kingdoms of Leon, Castile, Aragon and Navarre took seven centuries to overturn Islamic rule, and in 1491 the Catholic Monarchs of northern Iberia, Ferdinand and Isabella, were able to claim the ‘Reconquest’ of the entire peninsula. The following year, Christopher Columbus got lost while looking for Japan, and discovered the Americas.
Spain and Portugal expanded into the world’s first global empires. Navigation, trade, and bold combat expanded their power and wealth over centuries. Both ruled territories in Africa, Asia, the Americas and Oceania. The gold of West Africa, the silver of South America, and a global trade in slaves drove ambitious architectural works at home and abroad. Potatoes, sugar, corn, coffee, and spices transformed both the European diet and international trade. After a decline in power through ongoing European wars, the rise of the Ottoman Turks, cruel civil wars and decades of authoritarian rule, Spain and Portugal have emerged as stable and democratic nations with a cosmopolitan outlook and proud history.
NOTE: Some flights may depart one day later, and may involve up to two transits.
Welcome to Madrid! Upon arrival at the airport,our driver will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel.Towards the end of the day, we provide evening transfers to the Egyptian Debod temple, Plaza de España and Gran Via; a vibrant district where you can dine at your preferred restaurant: Indian, Chinese, Spanish and Middle Eastern are some of the options.
Note: Please check the informative panels in the hotel reception area for the welcome meeting with your guide and fellow travellers to receive information about the circuit.
|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|05 Aug||14 Oct||$899|
|19 Aug||04 Nov|
|02 Sep||02 Dec|
|* = School Holiday Surcharge: $1,000|
- Return economy class international airfares and taxes flying Etihad or a European Airline (subject to availability), departing Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth. Please Note: Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 2 weeks before departure. Some flights may depart one day later and may involve up to 2 transits per leg
- 7 nights accommodation in comfortable hotels in twin rooms with private facilities. Please Note: Hotels will vary depending on group size and hence hotel information can only be ascertained within 5-7 days prior to departure. Double rooms and Triple share are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- City entrance fees + taxes
- Return airport-hotel transfers
- Dedicated coach transportation
- Meals as detailed in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Ticket admission: Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Chapel of Bones in Evora, and Old cellars in Porto
- Insurance: Basic insurance cover is provided for our clients during the land component of this tour. See below for details
- Evening Transfer: Debod Temple and Plaza de Espana/Gran Via in Madrid, Plaza de Oriente in Madrid, Praça dos Restauradores in Lisbon
- City tours: Madrid, Lisbon, Oporto (Porto), Santiago De Compostela
- Cruise: Wine and mussel tasting in a boat trip in Cambados
- Cablecar/Funicular: To Bom Jesus Sanctuary in Braga
- All optional activities, tours and attraction tickets not included in the itinerary
- Tipping is not mandatory on this tour. Please tip guides, drivers etc. at your discretion
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Visas (if applicable)
- Personal expenses