In South Korea:
- Stroll through Changdeokgung Palace grounds
- Gaze into North Korean territory at the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ)
- Immerse yourself in the bustling crowds of Myeongdong
- Explore the ancient capital of the Silla Kingdom, Gyeongju
- Experience the serenity of Seokguram Grotto
- Visit South Korea’s picturesque southern port city, Busan
- Discover Osaka, with a day free at leisure and a selection of optional activities
- In Nara, visit the Great Eastern Temple with its Great Buddha Hall – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer at Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle, and explore Osu Shopping Street’s 1200 shops and restaurants
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Enjoy optional activities or free time in Tokyo
Immerse yourself in an incredible journey covering two fascinating countries, Japan and South Korea. Discover South Korea’s capital city, Seoul. Seoul is Korea’s financial, political, commercial, and cultural centre with over 600 years of history. Travellers can explore the many archaeological sites and temples before enjoying the beautiful natural landscapes this country has to offer. After an enchanting tour of South Korea, you will explore one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Japan. Discover a new level of cool with a journey through cherry blossoms, mountains, bustling cities and ultimately, history. The combination of places visited in these two countries will provide you with an unforgettable life-time experience. Time to start packing!
South Korea: South Korea is a dream destination for many travellers. The capital, Seoul, is a fast-paced cosmopolitan centre with an appetite for fashion, pop culture and the latest in high-tech gadgets. Yet just an hour away from the city, travellers find themselves enjoying the peace and tranquillity of national parks encompassing gorgeous hiking trails and dense mountain landscapes. With ancient cultural traditions retaining a strong presence throughout the country, travellers seeking a cultural experience are sure to be satisfied.
Friendly people, delicious food, and delightful contrasts between the modern and the traditional ensure that the indomitable spirit of South Korea will absorb and inspire travellers from all walks.
Japan: Starting your tour of Japan in Osaka, you’ll visit Kyoto and Nara – famous for their well-preserved ancient castles, temples, and monuments. In Nagoya, visit Inuyama Castle, and explore the 1200 shops and restaurants of Osu Shopping Street. Japan’s stunning natural endowments are on the itinerary too, in the form of sacred Mount Fuji and the surrounding region. Your trip wraps up with time free in Tokyo, for sightseeing, shopping, or your choice of a diverse range of optional activities.
From the end of March through early April, when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, people gather in parks in a Japanese tradition known as hanami (flower viewing).
From the end of October through early November is the best season of the year for viewing the vibrant crimson maple leaves in Japan. You can feel the fragile beauty of the changing seasons from observing nature. The fiery red is a true spectacle.
NOTE: Cherry blossoms and crimson autumn leaves are highly seasonal and subject to climatic conditions. These are historically the best times to view the blooms, but we can’t guarantee they will flower on these dates.
Note: Baggage allowance for this sector is 1 piece max weight 15kg per person
|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|* = Shoulder Season Surcharge: $300
** = Peak Season Surcharge: $500
*** = School Holiday Surcharge: $700
- Economy airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges from Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese or other Asian carrier (e.g. Vietnam/Thai/Malaysia Air)
- Flight between Seoul and Osaka (operated by a local carrier)
Note: Baggage allowance for the flight between Seoul and Osaka is 1 piece max weight 15kg
- 14 nights hotel accommodation (twin/double occupancy)
- Daily meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Coach transportation
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Admissions to scenic attractions
- English speaking tour guides
- Tipping and gratuities prepaid in Australia: $150
- Optional recommended programs
- Optional tour extensions
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenditure and anything not stated